Monday, January 28, 2013
Quiet Week
Okay, so three weeks into the new year and I'm already slacking at my goal. With the holiday on Monday, the week just got away from me. So a brief recap: We spent the weekend (Jan. 18-21) in Ibapah with friends and it was soooooo relaxing and much needed. Don and I have both been a little stressed with work & getting away from phones, internet and life was terrific. We enjoyed reading, movies, scrapbooking, riding and a wonderful Turkey dinner. The temperatures were very cold, 11 below one morning, but the sun was shining and no inversion. As always, Ibapah never dissappoints when it comes to beauty. The rest of week consisted of attending school district board meeting where they are trying to outsource all classified employees. The district office was packed. People standing and filling in the halls and foyer. I hope that our presence was heard, even though we were not allowed to speak. Don and I are definately going to be working for a new employer. UID is going to sell probably in the next week or so. They thought it would happen on the 24th, but was postponed a bit. I try to be optomistic, but keep hearing some things that make me worry. I'm going to look for some other work, just to keep my options open. I think I will probably be o.k., but do worry about Don. I need a full-time job with benefits, just in case. So back to updating the resume and filling out job applications. I spent Friday shopping in Salt Lake and having lunch with Don. It was fabulous and a good break. Friday evening I scrapbooked with Crystal and it was wonderful. Haven't had a scrapbook night in over a year and a half. It felt so good to have my hands on paper and covered in ink. Definately going to do it again real soon.
And the highlight of my week: The Christmas tree is down!!!!! Ya!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment