Monday, October 11, 2010

Lost Battle

Well, I lost the husband vs. wife battle again. Don has been hinting that he really needs ANOTHER gun safe because the current one is just too full and there is no more room for guns, which he thinks he is in need of. So Saturday we needed to go to Ogden for the annual Bizzare. He being the wise and cunning guy that he is said that we needed to take some items to Mr. Smith up at Smith and Edwards. Well I should have known there was an alterier motive to this trip.

He ended up in the Sporting Goods section browsing the gun safes and before I could blink he had wheeled and dealed himself a new Browning safe. My next question was where were we going to put it? He said, "In the spot where the current safe is." Great and what are we going to do with the old safe. Well, put it downstairs, of course.

For those of you who don't know about these safes, they weigh a ton. All I could picture was the safe sliding down my stairs and going right through my wall. I did not want it moved to the basement. But once again, I lost and Don recruited some of Darek and Parker's friends, tied a rope the safe and lowered it to the basement. And no it did not go through the wall. Thank goodness.

















So here is the new Browning safe, positioned once again in my family room. Now he tells me he needs to purchase 3 more so that when the kids leave home they can each have one. I give up!!! It looks like gun safes will have to become part of my decore! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Staute of Liberty

Staute of Liberty

Fireman's Memorial

Fireman's Memorial

Liberty Bell

Liberty Bell

Independence Square

Independence Square

Standing at the Lincoln Memorial

Standing at the Lincoln Memorial

Changing of the Guard

Changing of the Guard

Devil's Den

Devil's Den

Iwo Jima Memorial

Iwo Jima Memorial