Friday, June 4, 2010

Out at last!

Well, we made it! School is officially over today. I'm so excited to finally have summer and no homework.

Darek made it with all passing grades - which up until last night he was failing one class. I guess a teacher loves him and decided to give him a D- in the class. Today he is with his best friend riding motorcycles. His friend has his license and they loaded the bikes into our truck and off they went. Scary moment as a parent, but I have to put trust in him sometime. So better now than later.

Parker also completed the 7th grade. He has had a fun-filled week helping his dad cook lunch for all the 8th graders and then a carnival on Thurs. He was excited to get his yearbook and have all his friends sign it. He just showed me the book and I have to say it is done really well for a Jr. High book.

Becca and Rachel both have had a terrific week. Rachel started off with a head cold and missed the first few days, but was anxious to get back for the last 2 days. Becca participated in Field Day on Tuesday and took 3rd place in the long jump for the 3rd/4th grades. I told her to keep up the good work and she could have Grandpa and Aunt Karen coach her in a few years.

Both girls did remarkably well this quarter and their grades were great. Rachel had all A's, of course and Becca finished off with A's and B's and a big pat on the back from her teacher for making such leaps this year. Both girls were assigned teachers for next year. Becca will be in Miss Howard's class and Rachel will have the teacher she shares a name with - Rachel Dawn Andrews. Miss Andrews calls Rachel "my little me" and Rachel loves it. She is so excited.

I too am taking a summer vacation. I have quite my job and will spend the summer being a mom to my wonderful children. So happy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Staute of Liberty

Staute of Liberty

Fireman's Memorial

Fireman's Memorial

Liberty Bell

Liberty Bell

Independence Square

Independence Square

Standing at the Lincoln Memorial

Standing at the Lincoln Memorial

Changing of the Guard

Changing of the Guard

Devil's Den

Devil's Den

Iwo Jima Memorial

Iwo Jima Memorial