Thursday, August 20, 2009

Almost here!!

Yesterday we finished up the school shopping, bought the last few school supplies and had the hair's cut. I think we are as ready as we can be for the first day of school. Hard to believe that Darek will officially be a Freshman tomorrow and Parker will be a big 7th grader. Both the boys start school tomorrow with orientation for students and a short day schedule.

Parker is very excited to be headed to Jr. High. He is pretty maticulous about his appearance and his school supplies. Yesterday at Costco he found the best deal ever (according to him) - a binder that holds ALL his stuff (and he has alot of stuff). He was on cloud 9. He immediately came home and organized the binder with pencils, paper, pens, calculator and schedule. Preparation for school is complete after this great find! He also got the hair cut so he's lookin' pretty cool. I have to brag that he is one good lookin' young man! Watch out girls!

Darek on the other hand is anything but excited. He did buy some new shoes (DC's) and picked out some cool shirts, but other then that Mom has done the rest of the shopping. Unlike Parker, he doesn't care if he has pencils, paper or anything else. He is taking Welding this year so I hope that will be a fun class for him and a good outlet from the book work. We pray he will have an awesome year and keep encouraging him to get involved and enjoy the high school years. We tell him that great memories can be made over the next four years and that you can't go back and do it again, so live in the moment!

Best of luck to the both of you and may you have a WONDERFUL year!

1 comment:

  1. I swear they were both just born! I can't believe D is in High school. I hope the first day went ok for both of them! I love them both!
    Auntie NO-NO

    ReplyDelete

Staute of Liberty

Staute of Liberty

Fireman's Memorial

Fireman's Memorial

Liberty Bell

Liberty Bell

Independence Square

Independence Square

Standing at the Lincoln Memorial

Standing at the Lincoln Memorial

Changing of the Guard

Changing of the Guard

Devil's Den

Devil's Den

Iwo Jima Memorial

Iwo Jima Memorial