Monday, May 11, 2009

Dancing Queens

Becca & Rachel have been taking dance lessons this past year. We are finally in the home stretch with competitions out of the way and a dance recital on Saturday. I have to brag about them because they have both done an awesome job!

This year their dance teacher chose TV Theme songs as the theme for the year. The kids have had a ton of fun dancing to some classic TV songs. Becca's jazz dance is to a mix of Laveren & Shirley and Happy Days. Her costume is a Poodle Skit and the dance is absolutely darling. At the Taylorsville Competition 3 weeks ago, they took 2nd place and at Lagoon two weeks ago they took 2nd place again. However, they missed 1st place by one-tenth of a point! But the girls did AWESOME!!! Her ballet dance I've only seen bits and pieces of. The music is from my most favorite TV show - E.R. I know this doesn't sound to fun of a piece of music, but the dance is beautiful (from what I've seen). I'm excited to see it at the Dance Recital.

Rachel's jazz dance is to the Doodle Bops. This is a show on the Disney channel. Her costume totally fits the TV show and the dance is darling. Mallory is in her class and the group took 1st place at Taylorsville - Woo Hoo! At Lagoon they placed 2nd, missing first by two-tenths of a point. These little girls danced their hearts out!! Rachel's ballet is to my other favorite T.V. show - St. Elsewhere. I've seen none of this dance and Rachel tells me that is because it is a surprise. I'm excited to see.

Great job girls for working so hard!! Despite a little complaining here and there, they have both given it their all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Staute of Liberty

Staute of Liberty

Fireman's Memorial

Fireman's Memorial

Liberty Bell

Liberty Bell

Independence Square

Independence Square

Standing at the Lincoln Memorial

Standing at the Lincoln Memorial

Changing of the Guard

Changing of the Guard

Devil's Den

Devil's Den

Iwo Jima Memorial

Iwo Jima Memorial